family life (21) gardening (20) environment (12) recipes (9) recycle (9) green cleaning (6) energy (5) aromatherapy (3) climate change (3) composting (3) fairtrade (3) food shopping (3) grooming (3) volunteering (3) Chickens (2) James Price Point (2) Save the Kimberley (2) about us (2) australia (2) bugs (2) green fundraisers (2) water saving (2) Myrtle Rust Disease (1) allergic families (1) seed saving (1) sharing (1) transport (1) travel (1)
Benefits are aplenty!
After so long not travelling in peak hour:
1. it is quite fun (yes, it is!),
2. I get to people watch,
3. smile at unsuspecting people,
4. get a little incidental exercise,
5. get to work quicker,
6. cheaper than parking,
7. less fumes for the environment (probably would be even less if I rode a bike, but I don't have anywhere to shower),
8. and occasssionally I see someone I know!
Get into it, walk, run, skate, roller blade, skip, kayak, row, swim, ride, bus, train or tram your way to work! Active transport is good for you & the environment!