Feed the troops with Spaghetti Bolognaise


I have very hungry boys & I like to feed them good food that will keep them going for a long time and that is also filled with lots of good stuff. As they have been getting bigger, it has been getting harder to fill them up, so I have been having to get smarter about how I do it without busting the budget. This is my bolognaise sauce recipe with a difference - fleshed out and added to, but no flavour has been sacrificed.


Spag Bol to feed a family


Saute in big pot (15 litre) that has about 1 tabs of olive oil:
2 cloves garlic finely chopped
leek chopped finely (you can use brown onion - it give me migraines)
1 kg of lean mince (you don't need all of that fat)


Then add and keep stirring around:
1 large or 2 small grated zucchinis
1 large grated carrot

Add:

2 x 800g tins of diced tomatoes
2 x 400g tins of brown lentils
1 big handful of red lentils
1 generous handful of freshly dried oregano crushed
1 generous handful of fresh basil ripped
Give it a good stir & let it come to the boil and then let it simmer for about 20 min - 30 mins or as long as you want. The long you leave it, the better the flavour. Everyone will be begging to eat this. Serve with a grating of Australian Parmesan. Tuck in!

1 comment:

  1. Hey great post! I would like to touch base with you about your blog. Please contact me directly at chris@greenpress.com

    Look forward to hearing from you.

    Thanks,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...