Environmentally Safe Oven Cleaner

I have realised that I didn't tell you how to clean the oven the the cloudy ammonia...my omission. I am sorry. Here it is.

You need:

1 cup of water & 1/2 cup of cloudy ammonia. Mix them together in an oven proof dish or bowl that you don't use anymore & place them in the warm oven for 10-15 mins or longer if the oven is like mine & REALLY dirty. You could always just leave it in overnight & clean it the next day if you can't be bothered.
When done, wipe off the burnt scum and grim with a scourer (use elbow grease...muscles...if you have to) and bicarb.
Give the oven a good wipe over with a clean damp cloth. We use old nappies (nice & soft) cut into 4 and overlocked.

IMPORTANT TO NOTE:
A few things that you need to know about cloudy ammonia. It isn't damaging to the environment and is quickly converted to natural salts, however, the vapours are highly irritating to the eyes and nose. People who have chronic respiratory problems should not use it. Don't use it in enclosed spaces. In high concentration, it attack the lung membranes. Wear a surgical mask when using.

5 comments:

  1. Individuals ovens applied in baking in the early seventeenth to 18th century are basically the identical concept as today's modern day oven that cooks your favorite cake at the coffee shop. And at some point, practically every house hold nowadays has an oven array in their kitchen area.


    Oven Cleaners GoldCoast
    BBQ Cleaners Gold Coast

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kirsten. I am hoping that I can empower people to do something that seems too difficult (ie clean the oven). Sometimes the way 'grandma' did it is the best way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meg, I can testify that Ammonia is a really useful tool when it comes to oven cleaning. This tip was given to me last year by my neighbor who happens to clean ovens for a living, and runs Expert Oven Cleaning. Admittedly, I do get him to sort my oven once per year but, he just give me this tip to use on occasions for this rest of the year, if needs be :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you I totally love this <3 You're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great method to make natural cleaner like vinegar, baking soda, coca cola, orange etc. It is very suitable for your oven clean.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...